Monday, December 10, 2012

Find the holiday frog

 

Find the Frog at Holiday Inn Park Central
As many years as I’ve been writing about owner Kathie Rachwal’s holiday fantasy display, I didn’t know she hid a frog in there every year for guests to find. I’ve been by a couple of times, but haven’t found it yet.
Judy Schoolfield, sales manager, took me aside at the Greater Port Arthur Chamber of Commerce new member showcase to show me the “Man Tree” at the Manhattan Lounge. She slipped and called the club Triangles, which was its name in the ‘80s. Everybody standing around Judy remembered Triangles, including me and some fun college nights of dancing. The Man Tree boasts elves playing poker around a tree decorated with pizza, beer and pool ornaments. Everybody has their own Christmas memories. Make more with these PA highlights:

·         Pompeiian Villa will display 500 Santas through Jan. 18. Call 983-5977 for your personal tour.
·         Plan ahead for Mardi Gras of Southeast Texas! Love and Legends is the theme for an early festival, set for Feb. 7-10 of 2013.

Shop the Museum of the Gulf Coast
The gift shop volunteers are always pointing out the holiday bling at the store. It’s a way to spend locally and support the museum. I wouldn’t mind a Janis Joplin magnet or T-shirt in my stocking.
The Museum had a packed house with the UGK induction recently. The ceremony was mentioned in a lot of music industry media and the New York times.  Visit www.museumofthegulfcoast.org  for more on “Lights! Camera! Action!”


ddoiron@panews

No comments:

Post a Comment