Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sounds Good: Advice from Nurse Noni; what women dread

Advice from Nurse Noni and what women dread
New stuff to share this week includes “suckers” for the hung over and new ways to help with an old problem, the hair women do not want on their heads. Gosh, I love writing these columns:


Listen to Nurse Noni
Nurse Noni asks that you drink responsibly. If you are reading this on a Sunday morning and have overindulged, she hopes that her lozenges, dubbed Hangover Sucks, will make you feel better. She’s mixed in Vitamins B and C with essential oils of ginger, raspberry or lime with other natural stuff designed to help ease an upset stomach and dry mouth. The box says all this, and that’s about all, so I’ll stop here, too. Except to say, they taste really good, even if you don’t “need” them for the intended purpose.


Slique
My sister, who has ties to India, mentioned threading as a hair removal technique long before you could get it done at Central Mall. Slique is a clever, handy tool that allows you to thread up a scissors-like tool and thread yourself. I feel countless women across the globe have left me behind, because I can’t seem to get the results used in the demo, but I will gladly ask my sister to pass Slique on to her daughter, who will likely use it with optimum results.

Smooth
I yelped loudly enough for readers to hear me when I tried a new product (for y’all) Confession: I hadn’t read the directions, which tamed the pain. Twist-n-Roll Tweezers is called a hair threading tool, but the threads are a metal spring that roll off tiny hairs. Just a few twists of practice made me an expert with this clever tool for “peach fuzz” or “coarse” hairs. Catch the demo at Facialwork.com.


Frankincense and Myrrh
Argan oil sounds like a “Lord of the Rings” beauty agent to me, but this rare stuff is collected from the nut seeds of desert trees around Morocco. Mix it with sea kelp, and resins frankincense and myrrh as components of healing shea butter and your hair styling and bath experience can become way more exotic than your vacation plans. Vitamins and fatty acids are what you want to treat eczema, psoriasis and stretch marks and Shea Moisture blends up the hard-working and good-smelling Raw Shea Butter Collection that includes body wash, lotion, soap and hair treatments that would have made Cleopatra jealous.

Gently, please
Papaya extract and aloe vera keep Envie De Neuf’s Gentle Exfoliating Gel a texture that’s new to me. It still feels soft as it “mildly dissolves lackluster dead skin cells, pore-clogging impurities and gobbles them up with no irritating friction.” I have heard women discuss their sensitive skin and imagine they could get results they like from this luxurious gel that comes in a tube with an eye-catching oval cap. It’s what I’d call fancy.
ddoiron@panews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment