Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lenten loot

 
Lenten Loot
Those readers observing Lent may be doing more good or giving something up. I’m continuing my tradition of giving away at least 40 things during the 40 days. It’s good to see how much you can do without. On the flip side, The Mission’s Attic shoppers will be getting rounds of donations to put in their store. Double good.

Blessings
I was so glad to see the News feature on Dwight Wagner and his new cd, “Blessings.” I’ve heard him sing “What Do You Say to a Lady?” in person and Port Arthur is known by his song, “City by the Sea.” Recordings on “Blessings” include “Joy is Coming in the Morning” and “Be Thankful.” Sounds like good listening for the Easter season. Get your copy by calling 983-2558.

“7 Years Younger”
Want to look younger? Drink more water, move around more and follow some guidelines from the editors of Good Housekeeping. I have a whole book about it that they’re letting me give away. Keep reading this column for more information, but if you want to be the one to win it, do this: e mail me telling me why you want it, by March 17. Put YOUNGER in the subject line. If you don’t have an e mail, drop me a note at the Port Arthur News. I’ll pick a winner. Here’s the address:

ddoiron@panews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment