Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Walk in the Woodlands



If you think you are in The Woodlands, you may be in Shenandoah. Find their visitors center and be aware of the pleasant distinction. The two cities bump up to each other, but the Shenandoah’s Visitors Center will also give you the bonus of a display on David, known as The Bubble Boy, whose diffencies kept him living in a bubble. Stories are on the wall and a case holds some of his toys. I got the story straight from a worker who said her son played checkers with David through the bubble.
If you know you are in The Woodlands, you’ll probably be near the mall and the water, where you can shop and dine and catch concerts at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. I had not been to this area since I was supposed to see Christopher Reeve recite a piece to music. He had just been thrown from the horse in the now-famous incident and Lou Gossett Jr. took his place.
Now, I got to see the area in the daylight.
Sampling Cycler’s Brewing beers from Montgomery, Texas, was a fun experience I stumbled upon. I enjoyed the Breakaway with a flavor profile of grapefruit and a slightly pine backbone. Seriously, these varieties, such as Domestique Wit and Ryed Hard, all have a bicycle theme.

A koi garden refreshes your soul, I don’t care who you are. I strolled down water way leading to Town Green Park in The Woodlands on a Sunday morning, noting walkers, joggers, dog walkers and yoga people. Flowers and the bees who love them, sculpture and the side attraction of koi tumbling over water lilies were natural bonuses in this peaceful area of beauty.
Ironically, The Woodlands is considered a ritzy area, but I stumbled upon all this fun at no extra cost.
ddoiron@panews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment