Friday, October 2, 2009

Banana coffee smoothie is good, I promise
I was just playing around with the idea of using up some cold coffee and decided to blend a banana in with it.
I’ve told several people who either made a curious “I’d try it” face or a “what were you thinking” face.
If I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t be telling you about it.

New from Aunt Jemima
I almost felt guilty enjoying Aunt Jemima’s new blueberry pancakes so much. They’re easy and made with real blueberries and came out just right in the toaster. I served mine with Log Cabin syrup, recently reformulated without high fructose corn syrup, and a grilled orange. Here are some ideas from Auntie J:
Microwave 3 Aunt Jemima Frozen Blueberry Pancakes (250 calories)
• Top with half of a sliced banana (54 calories)
• Drizzle 1 tablespoon light maple syrup (50 calories)

Salba update
I have been snacking for you, readers. Salba Smart makes it easy to enjoy the tiny salba grain in someting new: Original, Bar-B-Que, or Cheddar & Sour Cream Baked Potato Crisps from Salba Smart. I tried the sour cream version and found it exotic looking and great tasting.
Here are some of salba’s claims to fame: high levels of Omega-3 essential fatty acids (300mg per serving), antioxidants, fiber, protein, calcium and iron. Ounce for ounce, salba grain provides three times more iron than spinach, 15 times more magnesium than broccoli, and six times more calcium than whole milk.
I’ve been adding it to salads, eggs and smoothes. The company adds it to yellow corn and whole wheat potato chips, pretzles and salsa, and every one of the products meets with hearty Darragh approval. Visit www.salbasmart.com for the scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment