Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Go ahead: Irritate the birds
Seasonally in October, I took to hanging dozens of unwanted freebie CDs in a magnolia tree. From the window, I could see children on the sidewalk mesmerized at the shiny disks caught the sun and danced in the wind. I got lots of good feedback about the CD tree.
The Bird Irritator works on the same concept, but the birds aren’t likely to let you know what they thought. They shouldn’t even be around. Your feedback is trees that let you, instead of hungry birds, have their fruit.
Mirrored disks joined by split hooks and hangers reflect and dance even better than my design. I though the task of peeling protective film from the sharp little mirrored circles and lining them with a soft plastic ring, then joining them with rings would be a difficult chore, but I finished the job before my TV show was over and I’m loving the results. Visit InventHelpStore.com for details.

Simple Human
While I’m learning to master the perfect egg breakfast, my least favorite part is washing my hands from breaking the egg while it cooks without my supervision. My family got into the unspoken habit of pumping soap into my palm so I wouldn’t have to touch and contaminate the dispenser. I’m passionate about this. Simple Human (don’t you love that name) has freed me with a touch-free sensor soap pump that looks like it came from a futuristic doctor’s office. It’s currently drawing more attention in my kitchen than my cooking. Four AA batteries keep liquid soap or lotion coming in four different volumes. I naturally keep it low, to conserve the soap, but people keep washing their hands just to get the little guy to work. You can also set it to blink a blue LED light that indicates you’ve been lathering up a recommended 20 seconds. Don’t you know this could be a lure into getting small children to keep it clean?

PinkTooth
You can’t look at chicBuds new PinkTooth wireless headset without thinking the word “bling.” Rows of pink or clear Swarovski crystals are designed to look elegant, not gaudy, but makers this hands-free headset for cell phones is all about functionality.
My tester reports students at the Newman Catholic Student Center gave it thumbs-up as they tested its clear sound and up to six hours of talk time. It goes for up to 200 hours in standby mode.
ddoiron@panews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment