Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Food police, you have met your match
I’m not with the “splattered microwave” police at my office, but I am on the “get your moldy food out of the fridge” force.
Pyrex has something new to please patrols at any office or home: Pyrex® No-Leak Lids™, a new storage line of round and rectangular dishes with leak-proof, air-tight sealing lids for storing liquid and dry foods. It’s just the right size to pack a lunch. I tested it with brown rice and cherry tomatoes, notorious for popping into a hot mess. I released the snap vent to reveal a tiny steam hole and was soon enjoying my hot meal.
I didn’t have to stop and clean the microwave. Now I wish everyone had these instead of leaving a crusty residue for someone else to find.
Neat freaks can rest assured that the bowls nest and the metallic gray lids are engineered of BPA-free plastic with “embossed, oversized and easy-to-read cup capacities for quick identification — plus lid tabs for easy opening and closing of the air-tight covers. The No-Leak Lids are conveniently top-rack, dishwasher safe. The eco-friendly, non-degradable, reusable storage dishes, like all Pyrex glassware, are made in the U.S.A. and are oven, microwave, refrigerator and freezer safe.” They don’t absorb food odors, flavors or stains and wash up well, the company says.

Babies!
I’ve heard that in some countries, people associate the photo on the label with what is in the jar or can, so they’re not impressed by little jars of baby food with smiling infant faces. I’m thinking of this as I view tiny Innobaby containers with baby illustrations on them. The buyer should have images of these sweet, stackable containers full of dry cereal, home-pureed vegetables or even breast milk. These are the coolest products, and also good for adults who would like to transport snacks, salad dressing, etc. to work. I noticed that four tabs lock the lids in place, then figured out the reason: You can hold a squirmy baby in one arm and, by steadying a container on a table top, open it with the free hand. If you have a baby to feed, I’m volunteering.
ddoiron@panews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment